Who are the Young Leaders?
The ULI North Florida Young Leaders Group (YLG) is a unique multi-disciplinary forum for young professionals under the age of 35 committed to helping build the region’s next generation of land use and real estate development industry leaders. The Young Leaders Group creates opportunities for our region’s young professionals to build relationships that will help them advance in their careers, and develop the skills and knowledge needed to become the next generation of successful real estate industry leaders.
Young Leaders Group Co-Chairs
Vice President of Brokerage & Development
Director of Finance
Corner Lot Development
Civil Project Engineer
eda engineers-surveyors-planners, inc
Why Be a Young Leader?
Becoming an active YLG member is an invaluable springboard and resource for young professionals wishing to catapult the success of their real estate career. Involvement offers the following benefits:
- Special events for YLG Members include our Happy Hours and Lunch & Learns. These events often provide helpful industry knowledge while giving you the opportunity to establish and expand networks that will last your entire career.
- Mentoring & Connections our Mentoring Program that happens every other year gives you access to our regional real estate leaders in a casual and candid environment, providing opportunities to lessons-learned and true insight into the path taken by those that have come before.
- Leadership Opportunities – getting involved with council committees, putting together YLG events and chairing programs gives you the opportunity to set yourself apart in the industry and make close connections with top industry and ULI leaders.
Where to Start
If you are under 35 and an ULI member, you are already a YLG member! To get the most out of your membership, start by contacting your region’s chairs to get connected with your local group and find out about upcoming opportunities, events, and meetings. Attend any YLG or greater ULI North Florida programs and events to start making connections and expanding your industry knowledge. Ranging from informative to networking and mentoring, there is something for every interest and real estate sector background.
We are always looking for new members of the Young Leaders to become active and contributing members by volunteering for an event, getting involved with one of our many committees or contributing program ideas.
- Happy Hours: The YLG host a series of Happy Hours. In Jacksonville, these Happy Hours occur the first Wednesday of every odd month. To find out when and where the next one will be, contact Michael McGowan. In Gainesville, these Happy Hours occur the last Wednesday of each month. To find out when and where the next one will be, contact Marsha Swider.
- Lunch and Learns: The Lunch & Learn Series for Young Leaders in real estate was developed specifically for ULI North Florida members under 35 to provide an opportunity to hear and learn from prominent industry and community leaders. Meetings are held quarterly in both Jacksonville and Gainesville, and are limited to 10-15 members. The series focuses on inspiration stories, currents events, lessons learned, and market updates. There is no cost to attend but you must be a ULI member. To volunteer as a host or to learn when the next Lunch & Learn is, please contact Chelsea Anderson in Jacksonville or Holly White in Gainesville.
- Mentoring Program: Every other year, YLG hosts a mentoring program designed to foster an exchange of professional ideas and mentorship between experienced executives in the industry (“Mentors”) and young real estate professionals and students (“Mentees”). The goal is to provide Mentors the opportunity to strengthen ties with a future leader of the North Florida real estate community and the opportunity to gain a fresh perspective and additional experience as an advisor, supporter and coach. Mentees will have the chance to learn from experienced industry professionals and discuss career-related topics with a successful industry veteran. For more information, contact Chelsea Anderson.