ULI North Florida is led by a diverse group of leading real estate and land use professionals who volunteer their time to advance the ULI mission throughout North Florida. The Management and Governance Committees are composed of key District Council leaders, public and private community leaders, and other active members who have a deep understanding of the mission and priorities of ULI. This leadership group sets priorities and assists in the delivery of services at the local level. These dedicated individuals give freely of their time, talent, and expertise and contribute to the District Council in meaningful and powerful ways.
THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE CONSISTS OF OUR TOP LOCAL LEADERS, INCLUDING COMMITTEE LEAD CHAIRS
Call for Nominations: District Council Chair
We are pleased to announce open nominations for the District Council Chair position for FY22 – FY24. The Chair will serve a two-year term beginning July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023. The Chair-Elect will also assist the current District Council Chair Tarik Bateh from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022 and automatically succeed the Chair at the end of his term.
The ULI Governance Committee is accepting nominations through Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
The Chair provides strategic leadership for the District Council and is responsible for appointing all positions on the Advisory Board, appointing all Committee and Initiative Chairs, and representing ULI North Florida at major programs and other community meetings. Annually, the Chair attends the District Council meetings at the ULI Spring Meeting, Fall Meeting and a Summer Chair’s Meeting. Incoming Chairs also attend a ‘Boot Camp’ prior to the start of the Summer Chair’s Meeting.
This position is a two‐year term appointment. Typically, the chair previously served as the Chair of Mission Advancement or other leadership position within ULI.
Nominations are open to all members and vetted by the ULI North Florida Governance Committee. Final approval is granted by a selection committee through ULI national. Full membership is required to serve as the District Council Chair.
The ULI North Florida District Council Chair role includes the following:
- Provide overall strategic leadership for the DC and Management Committee
- Represent the DC at ULI Chair meetings and other meetings as may be called by ULI
- Chairs should attend Fall Meeting, Spring Meeting (chairs meeting) and any other national events where DC chairs will convene
- Represent the DC at major DC programs and other community meetings
- Appoint DC vice chairs, co-chairs and initiative chairs
- Lead the annual Strategic Plan effort and benchmarks DC in make sure it is on track
- In consultation with other Management Committee members, formulate membership of the Management Committee
- In consultation with the committee members, set an annual calendar of meetings for the Management Committee
- Oversee the financial health and viability of Council working closely with the treasurer and committee chairs, especially sponsorship, membership, and programs, to ensure that the DC is meeting its financial goals
- Chair Management Committee meetings and, when available, provide welcoming remarks at major DC programs and events
- Work closely with the Governance Committee on a succession plan for leadership roles throughout the organization
- Has signing authority for the DC up to $5,000
- Other duties as may be required
If you are interested in the position or want to recommend someone for the position, please send a bio or curriculum vitae to Carolyn.Clark@uli.org no later than Tuesday, March 31st.